Tuesday 15 December 2009

Argos Product Search

Hi All,

I have been searching like mad for the past few days for various items from the argos.co.uk website and keep getting out of stock messages,

it occurred to me that there must be loads of people getting the same messages and going through the same frustrations, i.e.:

1. enter product code
2. enter postcode
3. search
4. get an out of stock message, but choose 2 other local stores
repeat step 3 and 4 continuously

I don't know about you, but I would be prepared to travel 20/30 miles to get that one item my daughter wants for Christmas - especially if I could find one of those dam Go Go Hamster Cars! so having to go through the same steps over and over again is so frustrating.

I know there is the option of getting an email if it comes into stock, but you have to register at each store - frustrating or what.

Well I've had enough of this and am about to put fingers to keyboard and write a ditty program to do this search stuff for me, so my question to you is....

1. would you like a program to search all Argos stores for that hard to find item
2. would you like this as a download program or to run it from a website
3. would you pay for such a program?
3a. if so, how much? £5 / £10 / £20?
4. or would you prefer to donate when it suits you.

Please add your comments below to my 4/5 questions so I can see whether this is going to be a complete waste of time or the most important time saver yet!

many thanks
Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment